2017 crept up on me so fast it took me till now to write a post discussing my plans for the New Year!
- Blog more. I know, it’s probably one of the more popular resolutions among aspiring writers, but I need the practice and my legions of fans need the entertainment.
- Get published somewhere other than here. I am not talking about the New Yorker or anything. (Rory Gilmour’s experience taught us that often does more harm than good.) But I do think at the very least I could get a couple guest posts together for other bloggists (let me know in the comments).
- More writing (of the non-blog variety). I finished the first draft of my short story “Is it not midnight?” Once I’ve revised it, maybe you guys will get to see the whole thing. That also means I have to start pursuing the additional ideas I’ve been writing down. Exciting stuff.
- Doing Whole30. This isn’t a health kick so much as a restrictive but religiously motivated “fast” that won’t leave me too weak to parent or husband (both of those are verbs, doncha know).
- Enjoy that which is best in life. Once I’ve completed Whole30, I plan on doing a lot more of this: